The family therapy program offered by Lift Off serves as a starting point for family members and loved ones. It’s where they begin the process of resolution for issues in their own lives as a result of family addiction. The family program uses a multi-disciplinary clinical team of experienced, licensed professionals. Staff is aware of the heightened sensitivity to the differing circumstances and historical experiences of each participating family member. Family members know that family services happen in a dignified, comforting fashion. The sole intention of Lift Off is to begin the process of personal resolution for those affected by addiction. The family programs primary function is to serve as a stepping stone towards the healing of inter-personal relationships.
THE FAMILY THERAPY PROGRAM IS OFFERED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO FAMILY MEMBERS
The family therapy program helps to impart understanding, acceptance, and forgiveness for clients and their loved ones. The program is typically extended to family members and loved ones throughout the course of residential treatment, continuing care and the intensive outpatient program and beyond. For clients in residential treatment, family sessions can begin once the client been through a medical detox and fully immersed in a clinical program of support prior to engaging in the opportunity to heal their family relationships. When clients are participating in continuing care and/or extended care the similar participation parameters apply. During continuing care and IOP family members are encouraged to participate during various weeks of each client’s treatment stay as determined by the treatment team.
The family therapy program curriculum also supports loved ones to:
- Improve self-care techniques
- Improve family communication skills
- Help institute healthy family boundaries
- Understand and reshape unhealthy family roles
- Help family members learn how to support their loved one
FEELINGS COMMONLY BROUGHT UP DURING FAMILY PROGRAM
Often, during active addiction, loved ones experience a variety of feelings and emotions in relation to the different stages of the addictive process.
Some of these can include:
- Denial that a problem with substance abuse exists for their loved one.
- A sense of powerlessness over the outcome of the addictive process.
- Feelings of frustration and/or anger resulting from the addiction and correlating behaviors.
- Feelings of concern for the health and well-being of the afflicted.
- A sense of obligation and loyalty to the afflicted; often combined with a growing sense of desperation for “what might happen” if the addiction continues.
- Feelings of disappointment and/or discouragement in their loved one.
- A sense of personal responsibility that somehow they did something to make the addiction come to fruition.
HOW TO HELP A LOVED ONE ENROLL IN A DRUG TREATMENT CENTER
Lift Off has a variety of clinical resources available for support during times of family crisis from drug addiction, substance abuse aftercare or co-occurring conditions. It is not necessary for clients to enroll with Lift Off for loved ones to receive answers to questions they have about what they can do to help during a family crisis.
For crisis support call 714-783-5657 today. Our credentialed Lift Off staff will conduct a free evaluation or answer any questions you might have. Contact Lift Off today to learn more about an addiction treatment program right for you.